Quality Assurance Policy
We reserve the right to update and revise this Quality Assurance Policy without prior notice to reflect changes in our policies, services and/or in response to our customers' feedback. The "last updated" date, located at the top of this page, will be changed upon any revisions to the policy. When placing an order it is recommend to always review the Quality Assurance policy.
We make every effort to ensure that our printed products are on par with industry standards. For general inquiries regarding your print order you may speak with one of our customer service representatives for clarification on the options available to you.
If you believe your print job is defective or has not otherwise met your requirements please contact Printcloud.ca, IN WRITING via email, within six (6) business days of receiving your order. If you do not contact us within this time frame it will be assumed that your job was satisfactory upon receipt and we will be under no obligation to review your order or provide a refund or reprint. Once you have contacted us within the above timeline, you will receive an email notification stating your order will be reviewed by our quality assurance department. We will then have five (5) business days, after the review email is sent to you, to decide on the appropriate resolution course.
The possible resolution course may be a reprint, a refund or we may require more information to verify the nature and/or severity of your product issue. If additional information is requested, it must be submitted within 6 days or we will be under no obligation to further review your order or provide a refund or reprint. We reserve the right to request samples of any allegedly defective merchandise prior to a resolution being determined.
If your product has been deemed defective or not on par with our quality standards one of the following three resolutions will be carried out:
1. A reprint will be issued.
2. A refund of the original price will be issued.
3. The original price amount paid will be credited to the customer's Printcloud.ca account for future orders.
You will receive a notification from a Customer Service representative with the chosen resolution when your order has been fully reviewed. If you do not contact our representative in WRITING within five (5) business days of their first attempt to contact you with the approved solution we will assume that the issue has been otherwise resolved or abandoned and no reprint, refund or credit will be given. Unless we agree otherwise, you must return the entire original print order to us, at the address provided by our Customer Service representative, within 15 calendar days after the date the solution is agreed upon by both parties. If you do not return it within this time frame you agree that the original order will be charged against your credit card on file with Printcloud.ca and your quality assurance review will be considered closed.
A refund or reprint will only be possible after an approved solution has been authorized and, unless we agree otherwise, provided that the entire original print order has been returned to and received by us.
When applicable, a refund will be issued within 10 business days of our receipt of the original product order.
A reprint will begin when we have confirmed receipt of the original product, unless we agree otherwise.
The forgoing is Printcloud.ca’s sole responsibility with respect to a defective order. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Printcloud.ca is not responsible for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including, but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if Printcloud.ca has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from the order.
The following are some guidelines and examples of issues that do not constitute grounds for a refund, or a return or reprint of a product:
- An order that is refused at time of delivery or undeliverable orders. (We will reship the product at the customer's expense if requested).
- The product is lost, delayed or returned to Printcloud.ca due to an error made by the customer in submitting the proper shipping address. (For product that is later found or that is returned to us we will reship the package with a corrected address and charge an additional shipping fee for the shipment).
- Product that is delayed in production and/or shipping as a result of the customer providing inaccurate information.
- Product that incurs a higher shipping charge as a result of the customer providing inaccurate information.
- Product that is delayed in production and/or shipping as a result of shipping company delays, acts of God, weather conditions, environmental or dangerous goods incidents, perils of the air, public enemies, public authorities acting with actual or apparent authority, acts or omissions of customs officials, authority of law, quarantine, riots, strikes, work stoppages or slowdowns, or other labor disputes or disturbances, civil commotions or hazards incident to a state of war, local or national disruptions in ground or air transportation networks or systems due to events beyond our control, disruption or failure of communication and information systems, disruption or failure of utilities, international customs issues, and any other circumstances that are beyond our direct control.
- Product that has experienced a color shift during the conversion to CMYK format, for example as a result of having been submitted by the customer in RGB or PMS Pantone colors.
- Errors that are contained in the uploaded customer file, e.g., misspelling, graphics, bleeds, grammar, damaged fonts, punctuation, wrong cuts, incorrect or missing folds, die lines, crop marks, transparency, overprint, and finished product size. Printcloud.ca does not make any changes on customer files. If Printcloud.ca provided design services to the customer, the customer is still responsible for the above mentioned and for reviewing their completed file prior to production.
- Product that experiences print or images that are fuzzy, pixilated or otherwise distorted as a result of the customer providing artwork that is not at a minimum of 300 DPI at 1:1 ratio (or 100%) and/or in CMYK mode.
- Products that do not exactly match color or ink density. Printcloud.ca colour matches for 95%.
- An inability to print or write on the product, unless the product description specifically states otherwise. A typical UV coated product cannot be printed or written upon. Matte finished products may or may not accept printing or writing. We recommend that you order a sample from us and test it using the printer you will use before placing a final order.
- Orders that are duplicated as a result of customer error.
- Orders that are canceled after the order has entered into production (or any process thereafter).
- Orders that contain dated materials that arrive after the relevant date or with insufficient time to use the material as intended. It is a customer’s responsibility to allow sufficient time when placing an order for time sensitive materials.
- A customer’s violation of any of the terms and conditions governing the use of Printcloud.ca’s website and/or ordering of product.
- Viruses, worms, trojan horses and other forms of harmful or malicious code that are not detected or removed using Printcloud.ca’s standard virus/malicious code detection procedures.
- Loss, corruption of, or damage to your personal information, Customer Content, order history or related information that is stored by Printcloud.ca.
- Our failure to notify you of any delay, loss or damage in connection with your printed products or shipment or any inaccuracy in such notice.
- The release of an order by the shipper without obtaining a signature.
We urge all clients to review their files thoroughly prior to submission. Proofs are only provided if files are submitted directly through the website or via design lab. If files are submitted through email or an upload utility the client is responsible for requesting a proof if they desire one.
Please note: Printcloud.ca’s provision of advice, assistance or guidance either on this Website or via our Customer Service representatives does not constitute an acceptance of responsibility or liability for any problems that may arise in connection with any print order or services provided.