Frequently asked Questions
Top 5 Questions
- Premium, High Gloss and Matte Satin standard business cards have the fastest standard turnaround time of 3 days.
- Matte Satin standard business cards also have the additional option of 2 Day Express Turnaround with delivery on the third business day in the Greater Toronto Area and standard expedited shipping via CanadaPost/DHL/Purolator for the rest of Canada and the United States.
- Turnaround times are dependent on the product you are ordering. You can find this information under the "attribute" tab on a specific product page or by visiting our Turnaround Information page for a full listing. Generally, our products fall between 2 - 5 days for production and are shipped the next business day after completion.
- Shipping times vary based on location, visit our Shipping Information for further details.
- Please note: Printcloud.ca strives to honour all timelines indicated; however, if a job has gone through adjustments during prepress, is placed on hold due to file revisions or is awaiting proof approval or payment, the turnaround starts after these issues have been resolved. Additionally, turnaround times do not include holidays and weekends.
- Express printing is available on Matte Satin standard business cards. The express turnaround is two business days with expedited shipping times. For local deliveries in the Greater Toronto Area shipping will take 1 business day after the 2 day turnaround.
- For Express print, files must be submitted by 9:30am for the current day to be considered as the first business production day. Files submitted after this time will begin production the next business day.
- If a job has gone through adjustments during prepress, is placed on hold due to file revisions, or is awaiting proof approval or payment, then the turnaround starts after these situations have been resolved. You may choose this method in the "extra options" section for applicable products when placing your order.
- You will receive an email notification when your order is ready and shipped, this will also include your tracking information.
- If you can't find what you are looking for on our website we recommend submitting a custom quote request. You will receive a response within 1 business day from our estimation department.
File Setup Questions
- When submitting your files for Spot UV or Foil you must include your file and a second separate file which is the corresponding Spot UV/Foil template.
- Your template file will only include the elements you want in Spot UV/Foil in 100% solid black (C0 M0 Y0 K100). Your files must also be labelled as follows: front.pdf, front_SpotUV.pdf & back.pdf back_SpotUV.pdf.
- Please note, we can set up the file for you. Opt for "Spot UV File Setup" or "Foil File Setup" in the Additional Options portion of the order form. Then simply tell us which elements you would like to be in gloss or foil in the "Additional Instructions" box on the order form. We will then send you a proof via email for approval prior to production. This is a one time file setup fee, we will send you the complete template for your future use.
- Start with our product templates to ensure your bleed (0.125 inches), trim line and safety zone is correct.
- Artwork should be 300dpi and in the CMYK colour space
- Save your file as a PDF (preferred format) with a clear name i.e "front.pdf" and "back.pdf", "set1_front.pdf" and "set1_back.pdf"
- If your product is double sided, it is preferred that you submit a single PDF with two pages, one for the front and one for the back of your product.
- Our prepress department reviews all files prior to production this includes the bleed, colour space and orientation of all files. If you are required to make any adjustments we will notify you via email.
- If you would like a proof sent to you before your order is placed into production you can choose the "Email Proof Before Printing" additional option. Our prepress team will review your file and then email you a PDF proof within 1 business day which will require your approval. Once your approval is received production will begin.
- Yes, we can. If you have artwork but need it to be converted into a print ready format contact a live customer service representative or email firstname.lastname@example.org as additional charge may apply depending on the complexity of your design file.
File Submission Questions
- There are 3 options for file submission:
- 1. Directly through our website on the product order page
- 2. Emailing files as an attachment
- 3. Emailing a link to your files located in an upload utility such as dropbox or ge.tt
- Opt for options 2 and 3 by clicking "Email Files After to email@example.com" on the product order page. All files or links must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number in the subject line.
- We currently have a file size restriction of 100 MB. If your file is larger than that you can opt to email your file by clicking the "Send File Separately" option on the product page. Then email email@example.com a link to your file in an upload utility such as dropbox and gent. Include your order number in the subject line of your email.
- If you are having trouble uploading your files, opt to email them by clicking the "Send File Separately" option on the product page. Then email firstname.lastname@example.org with your files as an attachment or email a link to your file in an upload utility such as dropbox and ge.tt. Include your order number in the subject line of your email.
- We prefer PDF which is a print ready file format. However, we accept all of the following file types: .AI, .PSD, .ID, .TIFF, .PUB, .DOC and .JPEG.
Design and Colour Questions
- A bleed is when artwork extends beyond the trim edge, leaving no margin. This helps ensure clean edge to edge printing and that your important text and images are not cut off during the trimming process. All artwork edges should be extended by 0.125" (1/8” of an inch/0.0625" per side), which is the industry standard.
- Download our product template guides which provide you a base to work with when designing your file. These guides are appropriate print ready sizes and outline where the bleed, safety and trim lines are.
- Printcloud is a full colour printer also known as CMYK or process printing. CMYK stands for Cyan (C ), Magenta (M), Yellow (Y) and Black (K) which are the inks used to print all of our products.
- RGB stands for red, green and blue light used to display colour on screens for computer monitors, digital camera and etc.
- Often RGB colours displayed on your monitor (most frequently extremely bright or fluorescent colours) can not be recreated within the CMYK colour space.
- The colours from an RGB file and the printed product may significantly differ. To avoid colour conversion issues we strongly advise that when designing your artwork you start within the CMYK colour mode.
- Our prepress team reviews all files to ensure they are in the CMYK colour space. You will receive an email notifying you that an adjustment is recommended. You may then choose to continue to production with your RGB file or you may resubmit a CMYK file.
- It is strongly advised that you resubmit your file to ensure that your prints come out with your desired colouring. The colours from an RGB file and the printed product may significantly differ.
- Please note colour conversion issues for RGB files are not applicable for a reprint or refund.
- We offer 95% colour matching.
1. I have the same design but different names. Can I split the quantity of my order with different artwork?
- No, a quantity cannot be split into different artwork i.e for different employee names. Separate artwork is considered a new set. For instance, if you order 500 business cards all 500 cards must have the same artwork. If you want two different employee names you would need to order 2 sets of 250 for a total of 500 cards.
- Submit your order online Monday to Friday before 12pm Eastern Standard Pacific time to ensure that you order will be processed on the same day. Orders submitted after 12pm, on weekends or holidays will be processed the next business day.
- If you have chosen the "Express Print" option, available on the applicable products, submit your order online before 9:30am Eastern Standard Pacific time to ensure same day processing.
- Printcloud maintains environmentally friendly practices through the use of FSC certified stock for all of our prints. Our most environmentally friendly option available is the Uncoated Eco stock which is comprised of 100% recycled post-consumer content and printed with soy based inks.
- Yes, request a free sample package HERE. Your sample pack will include all of our stock options as well as a selection of our top selling products. All sample packages are shipped out via Canada Post with standard shipping times.
- Your order will be delivered directly to the shipping address you provide via CanadaPost/DHL/Purolator and/or our local delivery service.
- No we currently do not offer pick up.
- Shipping is dependent on the delivery location and quantity spent. Calculate your shipping cost prior to checking out by adding your products to your cart, viewing your cart and clicking on the "shipping estimator" tab.
- Yes, we can ship your order to multiple locations. Contact email@example.com for more information. Additional charges may apply depending on delivery locations.
- Yes, you will receive an email notification when your order is shipped, this will include your tracking information.